Updated low-level communication routines

Over the last weeks I’ve updated the low-level com­mu­ni­ca­tion rou­tines in the embed­ded code. This should be the end of the clean-up and update of the com­mu­ni­ca­tion inter­faces over the last two month. Now the USB and the Blue­tooth inter­faces should behave iden­ti­cal, apart from the lower band­width of the Blue­tooth inter­face. Fur­ther, both inter­faces are now dou­ble buffered giv­ing a slightly bet­ter per­for­mance. Over­all these changes should not affect high level usage of the mod­ules. What remains to be done is to actu­ally merge the com­mu­ni­ca­tion log­ics of the two dif­fer­ent inter­faces. Now there is a lot of code dupli­ca­tion, not more than before but just much more obvi­ous. How­ever, for now I’m con­tent with the state of the code and I don’t think I will do this in the near future.

Some­what adjusted control-scripts and cal­i­bra­tion scripts:



Espe­cially, in the cal­i­bra­tion script I’ve added a pac­ing beep for plac­ing the cal­i­bra­tion body on the dif­fer­ent sides for roughly the same time.

Edit:  I’ve not updated the com­mu­ni­ca­tion pro­to­col doc­u­men­ta­tion jet. I hope to do that before I for­get about it. How­ever, the changes are very small, essen­tially that the USB inter­face sup­ports loss­less com­mu­ni­ca­tion just like the Blue­tooth interface.

Comments are closed.