Over the last weeks I’ve updated the low-level communication routines in the embedded code. This should be the end of the clean-up and update of the communication interfaces over the last two month. Now the USB and the Bluetooth interfaces should behave identical, apart from the lower bandwidth of the Bluetooth interface. Further, both interfaces are now double buffered giving a slightly better performance. Overall these changes should not affect high level usage of the modules. What remains to be done is to actually merge the communication logics of the two different interfaces. Now there is a lot of code duplication, not more than before but just much more obvious. However, for now I’m content with the state of the code and I don’t think I will do this in the near future.
Somewhat adjusted control-scripts and calibration scripts:
Especially, in the calibration script I’ve added a pacing beep for placing the calibration body on the different sides for roughly the same time.
Edit: I’ve not updated the communication protocol documentation jet. I hope to do that before I forget about it. However, the changes are very small, essentially that the USB interface supports lossless communication just like the Bluetooth interface.